BrainStorm Learning & Arts Center
Summer offerings have been announced! Click here for the info.
BrainStorm Learning & Arts Center is a cutting-edge, high-caliber academic achievement space recently opened at the Market Basket shopping center in Franklin Lakes, NJ. Center tutors offer small-group instruction for grades K-College in reading, maths & sciences, writing, foreign languages, standardized tests, college applications–and beyond. Now accepting registrations for the 2012-2013 school year!
The BrainStorm Learning & Arts Center of Franklin Lakes
808 High Mountain Road, Suite 1, Franklin Lakes NJ 07417
Phone Number: 201.84.STORM (201.847.8676)
- THE C2A PROGRAM: An after-school workshop and “safe space” for academic enhancement and personal growth for students of all calibers. Homework help, content elucidation, personal exploration & discovery, study & life skill development, fostering academic strength through (and despite) technology.
- FOREIGN LANGUAGES: Small group instruction in Spanish, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, and Arabic.
- STANDARDIZED TEST PREP: Our specialty! NJ ASK, COOP, SSAT, SAT, ACT, GRE, & GMAT.
- SPECIAL INTEREST/ENRICHMENT SEMINARS: Ranging from study skills to reading skills to college admissions coaching
- ARTS WORKSHOPS: The perfect complement to the “big 4” (maths, sciences, humanities, English), these weekend classes cover both visual (drawing, painting, photography, graphic design) and performance (singing, instruments, dance, acting) arts.
WHAT MAKES US UNIQUE:
*Our paradigm of mentorship-focused educational leadership, which accommodates a more holistic approach to personal growth in our students
*Our local roots, which connect us both logistically and emotionally to our students’ particular educational needs
*Our comfortable, stimulating, highly adaptive physical atmosphere (It’s not just “more school”)
*Our flexible, personalized, & FUN (gasp!) approach to learning through many media, including the arts.
FABULOUS BENEFITS OF THE CENTER:
- Safe, clean, relaxed yet stimulating environment in which to focus
- Cutting-edge mix of academic & arts training
- Flexible, reasonable pricing
- Relationship-focused instruction that truly incites motivation and passion for learning—No hard seats, no chalkboards, no impersonal instructor talking “at” the students
- Highly customized instruction (based on our free assessment, our interaction with parents & teachers on the student’s behalf, our low student-to-teacher ratio, etc)
- No mind-numbing stacks of worksheets or required curriculum—we get to know the student, and work creatively to enhance his/her skill set
- Convenient location
- Highest-caliber teaching corps in the area
- Versatile: we can help with ANY school subject or standardized test, K-12
- For student: safe place to focus where parents are not “nagging” to get HW and studying done
- For parent: safe place for student to focus and grow, without at-home distractions like Facebook… and for the relationship between parent & child, we alleviate stressful interactions by taking care of the encouragement/”nagging” on the parents’ behalf